Effective 25 May 2018
- BayCrazy Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
- In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 12, below;]
means this website, BayCrazy.com; BayCrazy.de; BayCrazy.co
“UK and EU Cookie Law”
means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015 and as updated at later dates
means BayCrazy Ltd, a limited company registered in England under 07820359 whose registered address is: BayCrazy Ltd. Willow House The Redstone Centre Alsager ST7 2AU.
2. Information About Us
- Our Site, BayCrazy.com; BayCrazy.de; BayCrazy.co, is owned and operated by Baycrazy ltd., a limited company registered in England under 07820359 whose registered address is: BayCrazy Ltd. Willow House The Redstone Centre Alsager ST7 2AU
- Our Data Protection Officer is Tom Redstone who can be contacted at email@example.com
- We are regulated by UK information Commissioners Office.
3. Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
4. What Data Do We Collect?
- Depending upon your use of Our Site, We may collect some or all of the following data:
- Contact information such as email addresses and any name or telephone numbers which you choose to supply to us. E.g when you sign up for our newsletter;
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests; E.g when you perform location dependent searches for certain categories of goods;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
- details of website content, such as eBay listed items that we have brought to your attention in our search results.
- We may receive reports of items that are purchased by our users and for which we receive commissions. Those reports will not include your name, address or any of your other contact information, nor any user ID to any third party site. E.g. We will not be notified of your eBay Identity.
5. How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR). For more details on security see section 6, below.
- We use your data to provide the best possible services to you. This includes:
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Supplying Our services to you;
- Personalising and tailoring Our services for you;
- Responding to communications from you;
- Supplying you with email E.g. newsletters, alerts etc. that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the appropriate unsubscribe link in any such email;
- Market research;
- Analysing your use of Our Site to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
- In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email AND/OR telephone AND/OR text message with information, news and offers on Our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam, nor will we sell or share your email address with any organisation, except for the purposes of direct communication between us and you through our email service and newsletter service providers. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
- Advertisers whose content appears on Our Site may engage in what is known as “behavioural advertising” – advertising which is tailored to your preferences, based on your activity. Your activity is monitored using Cookies, as detailed below in section 12. You can control and limit your data used in this way by adjusting your web browser’s privacy settings. Please note that We do not control the activities of such advertisers, nor the information they collect and use. Limiting the use of your data in this way will not remove the advertising, but it will make it less relevant to your interests and activities on Our Site.
- Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
6. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. In any event, We will conduct an annual review to ascertain whether we need to keep your data. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it in accordance with the terms of our Data Retention Policy. Our Data Retention Policies are:
- Newsletter email addresses retained 3 years.
- Incoming contact forms and emails retained no more than 2 years.
- Postcodes and other search criteria retained no more than 1 year
- Server logs retained no more than 1 year.
- Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store or transfer data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties We engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements. If We intend at any time to transfer any of your data outside the EEA, We will always obtain your consent beforehand and we have put in place the following safeguards to protect your data:
- We will only allow any third parties that we engage to store or process your data outside the EEA after we have satisfied ourselves that those third parties ensure an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
- Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
- restricted access to our servers and computer resources, with strong passwords and use of multi factor authentication and/or secure key pair authentication;
- employee training on data access policies;
- backups retained only on encrypted media.
- Any/all user passwords only stored or transmitted in encrypted form;
- website uses https protocol.
- Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
7. Do We Share Your Data?
- We may contract with third parties to supply services to you on Our behalf. These may include search engine facilities, newsletter email services, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law. We currently contract with: ebay inc and amazon.com inc, with which we may share any search criteria that you enter into our website forms. We also contract with MailChimp for the administration of our newsletter and service emails. We use google and ZenDesk to handle our email services.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information.
- We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
8. What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
9. How Can You Control Your Data?
- When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and/or by managing any account that you hold with us.
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
10. Your Right to Withhold Information and Your Right to Withdraw Information After You Have Given it
- You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- You may withdraw your consent for Us to use your personal data as set out in section 5 at any time by contacting Us using the details set out in section 15, and We will delete Your data from Our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit Our ability to provide the best possible services to you.
11. How Can You Access Your Data?
- You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the contact details below in section 15
12. What Cookies Do We Use and What For?
- 12.2 By using Our Site you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. We use third party Cookies on Our Site for provision of advertising services and for site usage analysis and customisation. For more details, please refer to section 5, above, and to section 12.6 below. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of Our Site.
- 12.3 All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current English and EU Cookie Law.
- 12.4 Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device subject to section 12.5 AND/OR section 12.8, you will be shown a web page message bar or pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow only first party Cookies and block third party Cookies.
- 12.5 Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. The UK and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown below in section 12.6. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below in section 12.10, but please be aware that Our Site may not work as intended if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
- 12.6 The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose||Strictly Neccesary||Persistence|
|language||Saves the user's preferred language on Our Website.||No||Session|
|cid||Identifies which, if any of our marketing campaigns referred you to Our Website.||No||1 Year|
|k||Used to recognise repeat visitors to the site and record specific browsing information (e.g. how you arrive, pages you view, options you select, information you enter and paths you take).||No||1 Year|
|postcode||Saves your most recently entered search criteria as a user preference: postcode.||No||1 Year|
|PHPSESSID||Preserves user session state across page requests.||Yes||Session|
|offset||Applies correct time-zone to our search calculations.||Yes||1 Year|
|theme||User preference - Modifies page layout.||No||1 Year|
|region||User preference - Modifies search target.||No||1 Year|
|layout||User preference - Modifies page layout.||No||1 Year|
|perpage||User preference - Modifies page layout.||No||1 Year|
|visitedamazon||Helps Website navigation to work properly.||No||1 Year|
|visitedbuynow||Helps Website navigation to work properly.||No||1 Year|
|visitedcars||Helps Website navigation to work properly.||No||1 Year|
|visitedlocal||Helps Website navigation to work properly.||No||1 Year|
|visitedfurniture||Helps Website navigation to work properly.||No||1 Year|
|visitedmoresearches||Helps Website navigation to work properly.||No||1 Year|
|showsocial||User preference - Modifies page layout.||No||Session|
- From time to time we may use slightly different cookies or similar technologies to support new features on Our Website. This policy will be updated when we make any material changes
- 12.7 Our Site uses analytics services provided by google analytics Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling Us to better understand how people use Our Site. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, as detailed below, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- 12.8 Our Site also uses marketing services provided by google. Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers
- You can read more about these analytics and ad services and how to control or block them at https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/partner-sites/
- Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers. Other third party cookies may be set by sites that we link to, such as facebook and linkedin as well as cookies that provide pop-up management such as sumo.com but Our Site does not pass your personal information to those sites.
- You can read more about these additional third party cookies and how to control or block them at :-
- 12.9 The analytics and marketing and other service(s) used by Our Site use the following Third Party Cookies:
|_ga||Google Analytics||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the web site.||2 Years|
|_gat||Google Analytics||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.||Session|
|_gid||Google Analytics||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the web site.|
|collect||Google Analytics||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||Session (pixel)|
|DSID||Google DoubleClick||Used by Google DoubleClick for re-targeting, optimisation , reporting and attribution of online adverts.||Session|
|IDE||Google DoubleClick||Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the web site user's actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser's ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user||2 Years|
|lidc||linkedin.com||Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn , for tracking the use of embedded services.||Session|
|test_cookie||Google DoubleClick||Used to check if the user's browser supports cookies.||Session|
|__smTOKEN||sumo.com||Used as part of pop-up management on Our site||1 Month|
|__smVID||sumo.com||Used as part of pop-up management on Our site||1 Month|
|ebay||ebay.com||Used to manage ebay sponsored ads||Varies|
- 12.10 You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device, or visit the following site
- 12.11 For more information on third-party advertising-related cookies and how to opt-out of them, please visit one of the following third party websites:-
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
- 12.12 It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
13. Summary of Your Rights under GDPR
- Under the GDPR, you have:
- 13.1 the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by Us;
- 13.2 the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- 13.3 be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- 13.4 the right to restrict processing;
- 13.5 the right to data portability;
- 13.6 object to processing of your personal data;
- 13.7 rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling (see section 14 below).
14. Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
- 14.1 In the event that We use personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making and those decisions have a legal (or similarly significant effect) on You, You have the right to challenge to such decisions under GDPR, requesting human intervention, expressing their own point of view, and obtaining an explanation of the decision from Us.
- 14.2 The right described in section 14.1 does not apply in the following circumstances:
- The decision is necessary for the entry into, or performance of, a contract between the You and Us;
- The decision is authorised by law; or
- You have given you explicit consent.
- 14.3 Where We use your personal data for profiling purposes, the following shall apply:
- Clear information explaining the profiling will be provided, including its significance and the likely consequences;
- Appropriate mathematical or statistical procedures will be used;
- Technical and organisational measures necessary to minimise the risk of errors and to enable such errors to be easily corrected shall be implemented; and
- All personal data processed for profiling purposes shall be secured in order to prevent discriminatory effects arising out of profiling.
- 14.4 We currently make the following automated decisions:
- Customisation of screen layout and theme based on an assessment of your computer’s capabilities;
- pre-filling of preferred search parameters based on your previous use of The Website.
- 14.5 We currently profile your personal data for the following purposes:
- Analysis of referring sites to determine the source of traffic to The Website;
- analysis of anonymised aggregated transaction data to evaluate our effectiveness in delivering web traffic to our adverting partners.
15. Contacting Us